Parent Advisory Committee
The PAC meeting are generally held on the second Tuesday of each month. Meetings are held at 6:30 pm in the library. We have great informal, friendly meetings and attendance would be most appreciated! Babysitting is provided by leadership students.
Listed below are just some of the many ways in which PAC support our students:
- Student planners
- Transportation costs
- Performing Artists and Artists in the Classroom
- Hot Lunch and Smoothie days each month
- Drinkwater Hoody and T-shirts
- Bursary for Graduating students
- Send children to school on time and ready to learn
- Provide a healthy and supportive environment necessary for learning
- Meet with the teacher, principal or other school staff to discuss children’s performance if requested
- Be financially liable to the school board if your child has destroyed, damaged or lost school property, either intentionally or through negligence
- Help shape and support the goals of the school system
- Support learning at home
- Share in the task of educating children
Parent & Community Support
We appreciate the tremendous parental support for a wide variety of activities, both during and after school hours. There are many ways you can be involved in your children’s school: for example, hot lunch days, Safe arrival programs, library, fundraising, fine arts productions, reading in the class room, transportation, chess club, website design, and all PAC committees. To volunteer or to help, please contact the school.
Process For A Resolution Of A Concern
- Step 1 Talk to the teacher. Talking to your child’s teacher can solve most problems.
- Step 2 If there is no resolution after Step 1, meet with the Principal. You may be able to meet with the teacher at this point too.
- Step 3 If there is again no resolution after Step 2 contact the Director of Elementary Education
- Step 4 District Appeal’s procedure